Youth Day at the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature is a celebration of positive thinking, inspiring ideas and motivating speakers. Open to all young people aged 16+, this is a unique opportunity to hear extraordinary talks, engage in fascinating conversations and get inspired.
In addition to the five fantastic sessions and a buffet lunch on Thursday 7 March, as a Youth Day ticket holder you will receive a 50% discount on six main Festival sessions of your choice. Click here to view the Youth Day programme.
Tickets to Youth Day cost AED175. Limited places are available. Click below to purchase tickets.
Discount on Six Festival Sessions
Once you’ve bought your Youth Day ticket, you will receive an email within 5 working days with a discount code and a link to book up to six main Festival sessions on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 March with a 50% discount. As the Arab World’s largest celebration of the written and spoken word, the Festival offers a wide range of sessions on literature, business, science, food, history and much more. All sessions will be announced soon.
Flight and Hotels
To help you make the most of your visit to the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, we’re delighted to offer discounts at participating hotels and, for international students travelling to Dubai, discounts on flydubai flights into the UAE. You will receive these codes on email within five working days of booking your Youth Day ticket. Please click here for more details.
The Programme Schedule
Youth Day, Thursday 7 March 2019
Dr Rafia Ghubash in conversation with Isobel Abulhoul OBE: Hidden Figures; Powerful Stories
Two women who have spearheaded change and progress will examine the powerful but often unacknowledged contribution of women to the development of our region in an entertaining and illuminating discussion.
Dr Rafia Ghubash, the first qualified psychiatrist in the UAE, first woman president of the Arabian Gulf University, and founder of the Dubai Women’s Museum and author of The Encyclopaedia of Emirati Women.
Isobel Abulhoul, founder and CEO of the Emirates Literature Foundation.
Jennifer Palmieri: How to Change your World
Join an exceptional speaker who will share their inspiring experiences in a lively discussion on how to change your world for the better.
Jennifer Palmieri, former White House Director of Communications, was Director of Communications for the Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign, and is the author of Dear Madam President: An Open Letter to the Women Who Will Run the World.
Dr Abdullah Al Maghlooth: The Positive Influence of Social Media
How can you be a positive influence on society? When do you know it’s the right time to challenge yourself and find a new path in life?In a session full of positive real-life stories, Dr Abdullah Al Maglooth will show you how young people can use social media to overcome obstacles and change society for good.
Dr. Abdullah Al Maghlooth is a Saudi Arabian best selling author. He holds a PhD in Digital Media at the University of Salford, UK.
Ahmad AlShugairi: Beneficence with Ahmad AlShugairi
We invite all who want to build their own success and find fulfilment to join Ahmad AlShugairi for an inspiring discussion of how to make a better life for yourself. He will guide you in how to manage and improve five critical aspects of your life: your Mind, Body, Money, People, and Environment, with practical tips on how to improve each of these pillars.
Ahmad AlShugairi is a Saudi Arabian media figure and author of the Khawater Shab series, If He Had Been Between Us, My Journey with Gandhi and most recently Forty.
All proceeds from this event go towards the operating costs of the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature.
Chris Gardner: The Pursuit of Happyness
Chris Gardner’s extraordinary determination and self-belief, captured in his memoir and movie The Pursuit of Happyness, make him one of the world’s most celebrated speakers. Join Chris Gardner to discover his universal lessons for today’s youth in a motivational and empowering keynote address.
How old do I need to be to come to Youth Day? Do I have to be a student?
How can I stay up to date with news about Youth Day?
How can I purchase tickets with 50% discount?
I’d like to attend more than 6 Festival sessions. Do I still get a discount?
I’m a Foundation Friend. Do I get an additional discount on the 6 main Festival sessions?
How do I book my flights and hotels with the Youth Day discount?
Are there any restrictions on the offer for flights and hotels?
Which hotels can I stay in using the offer?
I live in the UAE, but outside Dubai. Can I still use the hotel discount?
What meals are included in the Youth Day ticket?
What happens if one of the speakers cannot attend the Festival?
Terms and Conditions
- Youth Day and the Youth Day Festival discount is open to young people aged 16+.
- You must present a valid ticket to enter Youth Day and Festival sessions.
- Each Youth Day ticket costs AED175 for the full day of five sessions inclusive of lunch on Thursday 7 March 2019.
- All Youth Day ticket holders are entitled to a 50% discount on up to 6 main Festival sessions (full price AED75) during the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, 1-9 March 2019. Children’s sessions, masterclasses, workshops and special events are not included in this offer. The discount code will be emailed within 5 working days of Youth Day ticket purchase.
- Further Festival tickets may be purchased at full price. The discount is only valid for the first 6 sessions purchased.
- Ticket holders are responsible for checking that the dates and times of Festival sessions are suitable ahead of purchase.
- The Youth Day ticket covers access to the day’s events and lunch only. Transport and accommodation remains the responsibility of the ticket holder.
- Youth Day ticket holders are entitled to discounts for hotels and flights. The discount codes will be emailed within five working days of ticket purchase. The booking period is from 19 November 2018 until 7 March 2019, and the discounts are valid for travel and hotel stays within the two-week period of the Festival (28 February to 10 March). There is no guarantee of availability, so visitors are advised to book early for the best deals. The flight discount is only available to Youth Day ticket holders travelling into Dubai from an international location during this period.
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Only in the case of an event being cancelled, will we refund or exchange your ticket. For details see *Ticket Refunds
- Refunds will be processed within 20 working days
- Credit card refunds may take between 3-5 days to process
- Event times and venues are subject to change; please check https://www.emirateslitfest.com/youth-day/ for updates before attending
- Events may be recorded or filmed; by buying a ticket, you consent to the filming, photography and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience
- Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to events
- The event is free seating and seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If events have special requirements or conditions, these will be detailed on the booking page on our website
- Under normal circumstances refunds will not be offered on any ticket.
- In the event of an author not being available on the day for any reason, an alternative author may be included in the programme.
- In the event of the whole day session being cancelled, customers will receive a full refund of the Youth Day ticket price of AED 175. In all cases, refunds will be given only upon presentation of the e-ticket, ID and invoice/ receipt. Please click here for more details.
- Refunds will not be offered on travel or accommodation costs; all third party costs incurred attending the event should be raised with the third party Refunds can only be given in the form of payment originally used, i.e. credit card refund on credit card purchase or cash refund on cash purchase.
- Refunds will be processed within 20 working days. Credit card refunds may take between 3-5 days to process after the refund request has been completed. Tickets will be refunded only once.