FACT vs FICTION
Join the great Costa Coffee Debate for 2019
It’s the question that gets to the heart of what makes a good read – which is best, Fact or Fiction? Tell us your view, in not more than 300 words, and see if you can craft the winning argument.
Closing date February 2, 2019
Who can enter?
- This competition is open to anyone who is currently resident in the UAE and above 14 years of age
- The submission can be in Arabic or English
- To be submitted online
What is the prize?
The grand prize-winner will receive:
- An AED10,000 dnata travel voucher valid for 1 year from the official claim date
- A year’s supply of free coffee, restricted to one cup per day
Please note: Obtaining visas and necessary travel permissions, where required, will be the responsibility of the winner
The four runners-up will receive:
- A month’s supply of free coffee, restricted to one cup per day
What are the rules?
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter, you have agreed to the terms, conditions and rules pertaining to the competition
- The entry must not be more than 300 words
- The entry must present an argument for the debate topic
- The entry can be in either Arabic or English
- One grand prize winner will be chosen
- No images can be included
The entries should not include any inappropriate content and should adhere to common standards of decency in the UAE i.e. submissions with explicit nudity and/ or violence would be disqualified immediately.
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Emirates Literature Foundation and Emirates Leisure Retail
- The competition opens on 21st October 2018 and closes at midnight on 2nd February 2019
- Entries must be an unpublished piece and an original work and not more than 300 words.
- Entrants must be 14 years of age or over
- Entries may be in Arabic or English
- Copyright of submissions belong to the Festival/ Costa Coffee to use in any marketing/ promotional collateral
- Must not contain anything that is distasteful or abusive
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize
- The prize will not be transferable to another person
- The judges’ decision is final and they cannot engage with entrants for future editorial work or respond to email communications
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Costa and Emirates Airline Festival of Literature may require
- The winner will be announced during the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature 2019 and the winner must be available to attend the prize-giving event in Dubai
- One grand prize winner will be selected and gifted the main prize, a voucher for dnata travel to the value of AED 10,000 which can be redeemed with dnata Travel
- There will be four runner-up, two Arabic and two in English, who will each receive a month’s supply of free coffee, restricted to one cup per day
- It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that the travelling parties have valid travel documents and visas as required
- Prize valid for 1 year from issue date.