The Festival is a huge event with many simultaneous sessions taking place requiring all kinds of jobs to be done. We need approximately 300 volunteers in March at the Festival.
Volunteer registrations are now closed.
Preference will be given to volunteers available for full days and to those volunteering for a minimum of 6 shifts.
- After you submit the application form, you will receive a confirmation email
- All applications will be added to our volunteers database and selected candidates will be contacted in January 2019
- Placement confirmations will begin February 2019
- We can only accept a limited number of the most appropriate volunteers for each area. When all volunteer roles are filled, remaining applications will be added to a waiting list
- If you have already completed the 2019 application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any updates in your preferences
We are sorry as we are unable to provide:
- Visa assistance or sponsorship
- Flights or transport to/ from the venue
- Accommodation or any additional expenses
Volunteer roles and responsibilities*
- Room/ Area Managers
- Room Crew
- Area Crew
- Box Office
- Author Signing
- Queue Control
- Communications and Media
*subject to availability
You can read blogs by our Festival volunteers about their experience here.
What our volunteers have said:
“Meeting so many different people from different experiences and backgrounds, and the team working together for a common purpose [was the best thing about volunteering].” – Moira Speed, Area Manager
“Meeting and listening to authors you didn’t know about, rushing out to buy their book to get their autograph because you are so impressed by their discussion, and then reading the book which confirms your belief that authors create magic by their words.” – Malathy Garewal, Education Volunteer
Other comments from Festival Volunteers:
“[I] like how events such as the festival of literature bring people together and encourage the youth that there is hope for a better tomorrow.”
“I liked the fab authors that the festival managed to bring. It is getting better every year.”
“The LitFest team was extremely wonderful and so much fun to be around! It was a worthwhile experience. I’d definitely come back for next year.”
“[Loved] everything! Absolutely everything! The LitFest team were so amazing to work with.”
“I loved the passion and energy around the Festival and the buzz.”