THE COSTA DEBATE
Hot versus Cold
While you sit comfortably drinking your coffee, write a convincing argument for your case.
In 300 words tell us what kind of coffee you enjoy – Hot or Cold
Entries can be submitted via the form below.
Winner receives a Trip for Two to a destination of their choice
Who can enter?
- This competition is open to everyone who is currently resident in the UAE
- The submission can be in Arabic or English
- To be submitted online
What is the prize?
Two winners – one in Arabic, and one in English. Each winner receives
- A trip for two anywhere in the world, including flights and accommodation, and inclusive of and up to value of 20,000AED
Please note: Obtaining visas and necessary travel permissions, where required, will be the responsibility of the winner
Three runners-up receive:
- A year’s supply of free coffee, restricted to one cup per day.
Read the 2016 winning entry here.
What are the rules?
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter, that means you agreed to the terms, conditions and rules pertaining to the competition
- the entry must not be more than 300 words
- the entry must present an argument for the debate topic
- In either Arabic or English; Each language is a separate category
- No images can be included
The entries should not include any inappropriate content and should adhere to common standards of decency in the UAE i.e. submissions with explicit nudity and/ or violence would be disqualified immediately.
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Emirates Airline Festival of Literature and Costa Coffee
- Competition to be launched on 14 December and closes on 22 February 2017
- Must be an unpublished piece and an original work
- Copyright of submissions belong to the Festival/ Costa Coffee to use in any marketing/ promotional collateral
- Must not contain anything that is distasteful or abusive
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize
- The prize will not be transferable to another person
- The judges’ decision is final and they cannot engage with entrants for future editorial work or respond to email communications
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Costa and Emirates Airline Festival of Literature may require
- The winner will be announced during the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature 2017
- The winner must be available to attend the prize-giving event in Dubai on 11 March 2017